Questions to ask yourself…
- • What is your business idea? Can you describe it in 3 or 4 sentences?
- • Who is your best customer?
- • What problems/needs do they have that you want to solved/meet?
- • What would these benefits be worth to your customers?
- • How will you deliver these benefits to your best customers?
- • Can you do it at the price and cost that would create a “win-win” for your customer and for your business?
- • How will you retain and repeat these experience with your customers?
Click here for more on Business Planning.
Business Start-up Guide (PDF) – A guide provided by the Idaho SBDC that is designed to walk you through the key steps in starting a business.
Starting a Business in Idaho (PDF) – This booklet from the Idaho Department of Commerce provides Idaho entrepreneurs and new businesses with information essential to begin successful operations.
Small Business Readiness Assessment Tool – This assessment will help you evaluate your skills and experience and direct you to SBA resources.
Business Skills Assessment – What skills do you have and what will you need to learn or delegate to others?
Business Entity Search – Prior to filling for an Assumed Business Name it may be useful to run a search for business entities that have names identical or similar to your desired business name.
Certificate of Assumed Business Name (PDF) – If you plan to operate your business by a name other than your full legal name you will need to register the business name.
Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN):
Complete the Idaho Business Registration System (IBR-1) – Businesses that have employees and/or make retail sales need to apply for Idaho Income Tax Withholding andUnemployment Insurance Accounts and establish sales and use tax accounts. The IBR-1 system helps business owners apply for these accounts.