The North Idaho Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a results oriented program that provides expert no-cost coaching and workshops to guide small businesses to success.
As part of the Idaho SBDC network, the North Idaho SBDC serves all of North Idaho and is funded by SBA, State of Idaho, and North Idaho College. We work hands-on with entrepreneurs and business owners to address challenges, seize opportunities and help grow our client’s bottom line.
The SBDC Can Get You Started:
- Deciding – In person and online “First Step” courses help explore if opening a new business or buying an existing business or franchise is right for you.
- Moving Forward – SBDC coaches provide guidance on all aspects of your business launch, including your business plan, feasibility and financial analyses.
- Acquiring Capital – Receive referrals to investors and banks, review financial management practices, and discuss loan package preparation.
- Gaining Market Research – Utilize SBDC research tools to obtain market reports, financial models and industry meters to help launch your business.
- Targeting Your Market – Refine your industry analysis, identify your customer base and research your competitors.
- Certifying Your Business – Learn what opportunities are available to women, minority, or veteran-owned businesses along with certification requirements.
Continuity & Survival
Starting a business is difficult work. But keeping it healthy and making sure it is sustainable in the long-term requires new ways of thinking. The North Idaho SBDC continuity & survival services available to small businesses include confidential advising on topics such as:
- Creating, updating and refining business continuity plans
- Acquiring capital, before and after the event
- Using cloud-based alternatives for critical business operations, tools and infrastructure
- Developing mobile-ready strategies to prepare for employees working off-site when needed
- Expanding strategically through new markets online, abroad or with the government
- Finding ways to maintain connectivity during a business disruption
- Building an online presence including eCommerce to diversify sales streams
- Reviewing ways to optimize online performance through SEO and other website enhancements
- Discussing all available resources to your business including local, state and federal partners who provide disaster loans, disaster training and much more
The SBDC network has the experience and an excellent track record in responding across the state to help communities and businesses negatively impacted by external forces, such as natural disasters or economic dislocations. Contact North Idaho SBDC today to see how your business can overcome setbacks from previous disasters and learn how you can prepare for future business disruptions.